Online meet-ups offer you accountability for your writing life—or simply a place to connect with your Spalding community.
Weekly Write with Me sessions are designed to inspire you to rekindle or maintain a regular writing practice. Hop on a Zoom link and check in with the group, then mute your mic and camera, and write away. At the end of the session, check back in to celebrate getting words on the page! We currently offer three sessions, held on different days for different lengths of time to accommodate different schedules:
- Sundays, 6 – 9 p.m. ET / 3 – 6 p.m. PT, hosted by Chella Courington
- Tuesdays, 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT (30-60 minutes), hosted by Diana McQuady (F ’14)
- Fridays, 10 a.m. ET / 7 a.m. PT (for around 75 minutes), hosted by Terry Price (F ’06), who will begin the session with an inspirational thought.
In addition to weekly Write with Me sessions, we currently offer two monthly meet-ups:
- First Monday: Submit Your Work! Log into the Zoom meeting, check in with the group, and then spend an hour submitting your work. Check back in at the end to congratulate one another on your accomplishment! First Monday of the month, 7:30 p.m. ET / 4:30 p.m. PT (60 minutes) with host Noelle Sciulli (F ’20).
- Spalding Water Cooler, hosted by Mervyn Seivwright (P ’19) and Cristina Trapani-Scott (F/P ’09), is a supportive space to discuss the challenges and joys of the writing life. Held every third Sunday of the month on Zoom, 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT.
You can find links to all these sessions on the Spalding MFA in Writing Alumni Association closed Facebook group. Or check in with Katy Yocom a day or two ahead of time to request the link.
Don’t see a session that works for you? Contact Marjetta Geerling to volunteer to host your own Write with Me or other sessions for alumni.