Writing conferences are a fun way to network and meet other writers. They’re always great for learning about writing, publishing, and supporting your work. Here is a list of conferences for the upcoming Fall and Winter. Let me know what ones you’re going to and if I missed any!
- New York Pitch Conference– Sep. 22-25, 2016- New York, NY
- A Weekend for Words– Sep 23-25, 2016- Irvine, CA
- Chicago Writers Conference– Sep. 23-25, 2016- Chicago, IL
- Fall for the Book– Sept. 25-30, 2016- Virginia
- Write on the Sound Writers’ Conference and Pre-conference– Sep. 30- Oct. 2, 2016- Edmonds, WA
- Creatures, Crimes & Creativity Con– Sep. 30- Oct. 2, 2016- Columbia, MD
- Perfecting the Picture Book Text– Oct. 5-9, 2016- Milanville, PA
- Books with Bite Workshop and Retreat:Writing Horror and Haunted Novels– October 19-23, 2016- Milanville, PA
- 2016 Writing By Writers Tomales Bay Workshop– Oct. 19-23, 2016- Marshall, CA
- Bearing Witness: A Journey into your Writing Workshop– Oct. 22, 2016- Marietta, GA
- Creating Page-Turning Nonfiction for Middle Grade Readers and Up– Oct. 23- 26, 2016- Milanville, PA
- Magna Cum Murder XXII– Oct. 28-30, 2016- Indianapolis, IN
- Writing and Revising Narrative Nonfiction– Nov. 1-6, 2016- Milanville, PA
- Writing by Writers Mill House Residency– Nov. 2-15, 2016- Bend, OR
- Sanibel Island Writers Conference– Nov. 3-6,106- Sanibel Island, FL
- Atlanta Writers Conference– Nov. 4-5, 2016- Atlanta, GA
- Autumn Writing Getaway– Nov. 5, 2016- Galloway, NJ
- Show Me Writers Masterclass– Nov. 5-6, 2016- Columbia, MO
- 2016 Writing by Writers Manuscript Boot Camp– Nov. 11-14, 2016- Tahoe City, CA
- SpaldingCon- Nov. 17-19, 2016- Louisville, KY
- Becoming an Author– Dec. 3-4, 2016 Lancaster, PA
- Key West Literary Seminar and Writers Workshop Program– Jan 16-20, 2017- Key West, FL
- Winter Poetry & Prose Getaway– Jan. 13-16, 2017- Atlantic City, NJ
- Writers Studio at UCLA Extension– Feb 7-10, 2017- Los Angeles, CA
- AWP– Feb. 8-11, 2017- Washington, DC
- San Fransisco Writers Conference– Feb. 16-19, 2017- San Fransisco, CA
- Telling Your Story Writing Retreat– Feb. 17-20, 2017- Hunt, TX
- Writers Winter Escape Cruise– Feb. 26- Mar. 3, 2017- Miami, FL
- The Work Conference– Mar. 24-26, 2017- New York, NY
- Unicorn Writers Conference– Mar. 25, 2017- Purchase, NY
- 2017 Writing By Writers Boulder Generative Workshop– Mar. 31- Apr. 2, 2017
Let us know in the Facebook group if you’re going to be attending any conferences. We’d love to schedule meet-ups or group chats for those attending. Especially if you’re attending AWP, where many Spalding Alumni, staff, and current students will meet up, we’d love to see you there.
I’m looking for contributors for the following posts:
If you run a blog I want to feature yours in the list of our alumni blogs and possibly ask you a few questions on how you run it, and any opportunities that have come from your site.
Productivity Helps: what apps, devices, or websites that you use to help you with productivity in your writing life.
DEAR SOARING!: Send me your questions to be featured on the blog. Other alumni will help in answering your questions.
The Many Jobs after the MFA: I want to hear what you do for a living! What has your MFA done for you career. Let’s see how diverse our Spalding family is.
Where in the World: Where have you gone recently? Send me a picture with information on your trip and any writing you may have done about the trip.
Email me at email@example.com to be featured.
Mackenzie Jervis is a Summer 2016 Graduate. She lives in Texas with her husband, two cats, and puppy. She has way too many books, more cameras than she knows how to properly use, and a never ending need to keep moving. She write about her life and adventures at home and around the world at A Wandering Scribbler.