The Spalding MFA in Writing Alumni Association is pleased to announce that workshops will be offered at Homecoming 2015 (May 27 to May 31). All participants must sign up for workshops no later than March 31, 2015. These free workshops will have no more than four or five participants.
Homecoming Workshops have been assigned to the dates and times below: (Room Assignments will be posted later)
Fri. May 29 – 9 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
Sat. May 30 – 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
As we did last year, writers must submit their piece at the time they commit to the workshop. We are also recruiting workshop leaders.
If you’d like to participate in a workshop kindly read the directions below and submit your work along with:
1. YOUR NAME
3. WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE A WORKSHOP LEADER?
A. Fiction short story (up to 20 pages)
B. Short CNF (up to 20 pages)
C. Partial book length Fiction (up to 100 pages)
D. Partial book length CNF (up to 100 pages)
F. Poetry (3 to 5 poems no more than 10 pages)
5. Would you consider leading a workshop?
Please send the above information to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org No later than March 31, 2015. I will make every effort to get materials to participants by April 15, 2015.
If you are interested in workshop participation, please keep in mind the following:
1. You must read all materials and come prepared to give verbal and written feedback to participants in your workshop. Participants must submit 1-3 type written pages of critique to each workshop participant as well as verbal feedback. All written feedback must be distributed at the time of the workshop.
2. Once you commit to a workshop please keep in mind that some participants purchase airline tickets and pay for hotel stays in advance. Only commit if you are sure you can attend.
3. Each workshop will be assigned a leader. The leader will review all workshop materials in advance of the workshop for suitability.
4. During workshop we will follow the rules set forth by the MFA program. Verbal critiques should be focused on the strength of the submission followed by weaknesses and suggestions for improvement.
5. Though the purpose of the workshop is to provide critique, conversation about craft points and craft books is encouraged, keeping in mind time allotments.
Register for Homecoming 2015 on The Spalding Alumni MFA in Writing website pages and the Homecoming 2015 schedule.
We look forward to seeing you at Homecoming 2015.