MFA alums are invited back to campus for MFA Homecoming, May 29–June 1, featuring an expanded schedule, a host of new events, and a very special rate on rooms at the Brown Hotel!
The Homecoming line-up includes:
• a 10-minute play festival (new this year!)
• alumni workshops
• a lecture by alum Loreen Niewenhuis (F ’07) on “How to connect your work with a targeted audience, and still honor the creative bubble”
• the featured author presentation with Frank W. Walker (P ’03)
• A Celebration of Recently Published Books by Alumni
• SPLoveFest book expo, which showcases alumni books, literary journals, and other writing and art projects
• an after-party literary reading
• a lecture for alums by a Spalding faculty member
• a smorgasbord of faculty lectures
• a breakfast mixer with MFA faculty, alums, and new grads
• a regional breakout session for those who want to stay connected with other alums in their area
• social activities, including a guided walk along the Urban Bourbon Trail, hosted by Omar Figueras (F/CNF ’13)
The Homecoming Committee is exploring the possibility of hosting a film festival, as well.
Homecoming has been expanded to four days this year to better accommodate out-of-town travelers. For the first time, alums can book their rooms at the Brown Hotel through the MFA Office for $99 a night. Look for more details in the coming weeks.
Alumni interested in participating in the Celebration of Recently Published Books should contact Bonnie Johnson at BonnieOmer@aol.com. To reserve a table at the SPLoveFest book expo, contact Mary Lou Northern at firstname.lastname@example.org. To participate in an alumni workshop, contact Linda Bilodeau at email@example.com.