Homecoming 2013 is May 24-25
Great news! The response to the alumni workshops at homecoming has been fantastic. The full manuscript workshop filled up immediately and most of the other groups have enough to go forward. If you would like to workshop your pieces or even your full manuscript, email Marjetta immediately and get in or on a waiting list. We will make additional workshop groups if the demand requires it.
Clarifications – Because this is the first time we’ve done this, there is a bit of confusion that we’d like to eliminate. Please note the following:
1. For this year, there is no charge to workshop your pieces. The workshop leaders are MFA alumni who have volunteered to do this and we are eternally grateful. The MFA program is providing meeting rooms, so there is no charge. No MFA faculty will be leading or participating in the workshop.
2. When you email and sign up for a workshop, make sure you tell Marjetta which workshop group to which you will be submitting your work.
3. Note that playwriting and screenwriting are two different workshops, unless we do not have enough for two workshops. In this case we will combine into a “dramatic writing” workshop.
4. The full manuscript workshop is open to fiction, CNF, middle grade and young adult novels.
5. Tim O’Brien is NOT leading a workshop. 🙂
6. Alumni can sign up for any workshop. You are not limited to the genre in which you graduated.
How do you participate? Follow the schedule below:
By Feb. 25: Commit to participating in workshop. Email your intention to submit work and participate in the workshop at Homecoming ’13 to Marjetta at firstname.lastname@example.org. Marjetta will email you back your workshop leader’s information for submissions.
March 15: Deadline to submit full manuscript for the Full Manuscript workshop.
April 15: Deadline to submit partial manuscripts for all other workshops.
April 15ish: Workshop leaders will distribute workshop materials to all participants.
May 24th and 25th: Workshops meet in Louisville. Rooms TBA.
Many thanks to Marjetta Geerling for coordinating this. You’ve expressed a desire to workshop at Homecoming and here is your chance. If you need any additional information or wish to sign up, contact Marjetta at email@example.com.
Spalding MFA in Writing
Alumni Association Director